McCormick® Peach Chronicles
Journey into the Badlands
Journey into the Badlands is Session No. 74, which took place on 06/03/13.
- The River Rats
- Mondaine (Mentioned)
- Meeting with Cifer, The Party is given their next mission; to half the surge of cult activity in the Nevadlands. Discovering about his operatives failure to convene with The Party in Nornheim, Cifer has secured a more reliable operative to work with The Party. They are to head to Ellay to meet with their new operative; Gualichu.
- They leave Mission and sail for Ellay. Shenanigans abound, The Party is met with old friends and eventually meet with Gualichu.
- Having to leave their ship behind, The River Rats stay in Ellay to man The Grizzly Snatch in the mean time.
- Gualichu secures a covered wagon for the group, and they ride into Nevadlands aka the Badlands. There, Gualichu briefs them on their target: a regional leader of the Cult of Orcus, a wizard named Mondaine who’s said to be based somewhere in the city of Old Vegas.
- The Party enter a small desert town, Henderson Valley, and briefly shack up at a saloon. Their stay is short, as they encounter members of the Cult of Orcus and are eventually chased out of town.
- Spending the evening in the desert, The Party rides for their destination in the Nevadlands, Old Vegas.
- Slowly riding through, The Party sees the outskirts of Old Vegas wrought with depravation; derelicts, the homeless, the starving running rampant scraping to survive. Men wearing Orcus cultist tabards committing acts of debauchery over townsfolk. Not wanting to get involved, The Party rides on.
- Da’Loach, believing he has a feel for the city, tries to direct the wagon. Heading into a tight alleyway, The Party’s wagon is blocked by several cultists from both sides. Strangely, these cultists donned a tabard with a crude depiction of a baboon’s face.
- The Party manage to drive through the blockade of cultists, but lose a few members to the cultists attempting to board their ride.
- Losing Muzgash, Targus, and Da’Loach to cultists, Gualichu, Krum, and Axehammaran ride to the end of the alley and turn the wagon around to charge back and rescue their friends.
- Crashing through them, The Party manages to re-load back onto the wagon and make their escape.
- Their ruckus alerted many a cultist, and now, in hot pursuit, The Party ride to escape the herd of cultists and their followers.
- Riding into a side-street with a makeshift roadblock, the horses leap over, but the wagon was compromised. The Party lay riddled on the street as their enemies are closing in.
- Back on their feet, they manage to barge into a janky building next to them, and in the darkness they reach for whatever they could to try and barricade the door.
- Da’Loach, lighting his ghoul candle, illuminates a small section of the room to discover bodies all around them hanging from chains on the ceiling, and a silhouette of a man on the other side of the room brandishing a halberd.
- Upon seeing The Party, the man reaches into his pack pulling out a sunrod. Throwing it at The Party’s feet awakens the hanging corpses, as the undead are unable to see the light of a ghoul candle.
- Surrounded and being grabbed at, The Party split barricading the door against the cultist horde and facing off with the zombies and their captor.
|«Fate of the North«||Sessions||»Fear and Loathing»|